The final image for this challenge started out as three shots at different exposures..
To create my HDR image I used Google Nik HDR Efex 2… and used a deep Preset that is already installed with the Nik Software.
Once my image was merged into a HDR image.. I then sent the photograph to Photoshop where I removed the distractions in the background just above the bridge… and using the Content Aware Path Tool I also removed the little boy.. Using the Camera Raw Filter in Photoshop I then used transform function and used the auto setting to give a better perspective of the photograph.
I then reimported my photo back into Lightroom where I did the following:
- Used a Preset I created, by turning a black and white Preset by Serge Ramelli called ‘Experimental B&W-Many Lights’ back into Colour and removing all the radial filters.
- I then added another Preset by Serge Ramelli called – ‘Western Mid’ (which is a free Preset which you can download by signing up to his site).
- I then played around with the saturation and clarity.
- I then cropped the image.
- I then added a couple of more radial filters… and a few brush strokes to dodge and burn the image. I also altered the settings of the radial filters to a more the effects more pleasing to the eye.
- My final edit was to add a vignette and hey presto this is the final image..
If you would like to submit a photograph to my monthly Before and After Challenge please feel free to follow the instructions on this post… I, hopefully, look forward to seeing your entries.