Well it is that time of the month again when we get the chance to edit a photograph in the One Photo Focus Challenge hosted by Stacy Fischer. A challenge that I love doing… especially when you see the other entries and how other people have edited the photograph.
This week I have two edits – one with a mermaid and one without. The processing for both photographs was exactly the same… the mermaid was added at the end. And here is how I edited the photograph:-
- I started in Lightroom and added my Deep and Moody Preset
- I played around with the radial filters
- I then edited the image in Photoshop
- Duplicated the layer and removed the guide ropes and buoy from the tall ship.
- Added a Photo filter and applied a low density mask to the filter
- I added an exposure adjustment layer and a graduated layer mask
- I then played around with the hue and saturation
- I then applied a texture to the whole photograph
- My next task was to add a solid colour to the photograph and change the blending mode to colour and lowered the opacity of the mask
- I then saved the photograph and when back in Lightroom did a few minimal adjustments and added a couple of radial filters.
For the mermaid Photo
- I added a mermaid PNG found on Google…
- I added a clipping adjustment layer to the mermaid to change the brightness and contrast
- I then played around with the exposure of the mermaid using another clipping adjustment layer.
I have decided to submit the first photograph… the mermaid one was just for fun….