We are both members of the National Trust.. and one of the places I used to love visiting was Wakehurst Place. However, they have now decided that car parking at Wakehurst would become hugely expensive with extortionate prices. So we don’t visit there anymore.
National Trust Members – Cars: £2 for the first hour, £5 for two hours, £10 per day. These charges were introduced in April 2014.
Now you could easily spend 3 hours walking around Wakehurst as the grounds are vast. And two hours fly by. So for people like us, who refuse to leave our dogs too long, either we pay £10 or we just miss parts of the grounds out in order to make sure we are only there for 2 hours. So for spending 3 hours there, you have to pay £10. And I know a lot of people are not going because of the cost of parking, with many saying it is a rip-off charging £5 for two hours, and they can’t see how they justify those prices.
So beware.. if you want to visit Wakehurst the Car Parking is pricey. If you ware prepared to pay then you definitely won’t be disappointed by the grounds and gardens.
If you want to submit a monochrome image to this week’s MWM.. simply follow the instructions below. Have a good day everyone!
How to join the challenge
If you wish to participate in the weekly challenge, please feel free to do… my weekly post will be published at 11am Wednesday mornings. The challenge will be called Mid-Week Monochrome – MWM # (# representing the number).
- Publish a post on your blog by the following Wednesday as this challenge starts on a Wednesday and my post for the forthcoming week is published at 11 am UK Time.
- Use the tags on your posts MWM or Mid-Week Monochrome – that way I can find the tags easily in WordPress Reader, which means I won’t miss a submission.
- Create a pingback to the relevant week.
- If you can’t create pingback/trackback, don’t worry, post a comment below and I will comment on your blog.
- Follow Ryan Photography so you don’t miss out on the weekly challenges.