As you may have gathered the weekly Photo for the Week Challenge has changed to Photo for the Month and will be held on the first Monday of the month. I do hope you all still continue to take part and I do love viewing your entries.
New Before and After Challenge
Well, a few years back Stacy Fischer used to hold a challenge called before and after and I used to love joining in this challenge. I am not going to run this challenge as Stacy did, as she used to email the photo to everyone. I am going to put the images up for you to download and then you create a post and pingback. At the bottom of this post are the instructions for joining in. This challenge will be held on the third Friday of every month… however as this weekend is Good Friday, I thought I would do it today. I do hope this challenge takes off as I found it good for creativity and a chance to experiment with different software.
For the above image, I just used Lightroom Classic and a Preset I had created called Deep and Moody for Architecture. I slightly cropped the image and then added a few more radial filters, as well as playing around the vignette and a couple of sliders in the basic panel.
Over to you… the instructions for joining in are below.
How to join the challenge
If you wish to participate in this monthly challenge, please feel free to do… my post and photo for the challenge will be published at 11am on the third Friday of every month. The challenge will be called Before and After Challenge # (# representing the number).
The challenge is this…an image will be supplied for the Month for you to download. When you’ve downloaded the image in its ZIP format, extract the file you want to use, (raw or jpeg) and then edit the image using your own creativity and with whatever software programs or apps you use. Within the download file, will be two images, one in jpeg format and the other in its raw format. If the image was originally only shot in jpeg there will just be the jpeg version available to edit.
- Download the image, extract image and edit using whatever software you wish.
- If you wish to submit an image for the challenge, please email me the RAW and Jpeg format (if RAW is available). I will then upload the submissions to Dropbox for Download.
- Create a post on your blog or Facebook Page, showing your finished edit.
- Caption the image Image supplied by # (Who submitted the original image) – Edited by ~# (# being your name or blog’s name).
- It is not necessary but it would be nice if you did a brief explanation as to how you achieved your results, and what software you used.
- Tag your posts BAC or Before and After Challenge
- Create a pingback to the relevant month.
- If you can’t create pingback/trackback, don’t worry, post a comment below so others can find your edited version of the image.
- Follow Ryan Photography so you don’t miss out on our photography challenges.