First of all many thanks to all those that participated in last month’s challenge. This week’s challenge is Overlay. One way of using overlays on an image is to add texture.
For the following image, I used Topaz Texture Effects 2 but you can achieve the same in either Photoshop, Luminar 3, On1 Raw 2019.5, or the Free version of Topaz Studio. Textures can add a whole new dimension to an image. Take for instance this lone daffodil which was photographed at Scotney Castle.
Overlays, can be used for composite work as well and still life image with a texture overlay take on a whole new meaning.
I’m looking forward to seeing your interpretations of Overlays.. Happy Snapping and have a great month everyone xx
Next Month’s Topic is – Composite
Last Month’s entries
Moody Ireland | Elizabatz Gallery
Na’ama Yehuda |Moody Monday
Moody Moon – bushboys world
It will rain – Photo for the Month – 35: Moody | Pictures without film.
Woolly Muses – RyanPhoto 4 Month 35 Moody
photo for the month – 35 moody weather – photo roberts blog
Photo for the Month
Join the Challenge
If you wish to participate in the Monthly challenge, please feel free… my Monthly post will be published at 8am on the first Monday of the Month. The challenge will be called Photo for the Month – # (representing the number) – Subject Name, and here are the instructions for entering:
- Publish a post on your blog by the first Monday of the following month… The monthly challenge will be posted on the first Monday of the Month at 8 am.
- Use the tags PFTM or Photo for the Month – that way I can find the tags easily in WordPress Reader, which means I won’t miss a submission.
- Create a pingback to the relevant week.
- If you can’t create pingback/trackback, don’t worry, post a comment below and I will comment on your blog.
- Follow Ryan Photography so you don’t miss out on the weekly challenges.
The challenge is for fun and as a way to introduce others to your blogs and/or photography. There are no hard and fast rules… just join in and have some fun xx
We also host a Mid-Week Monochrome Photography Challenge on a Wednesday.. if you’d like to enter please feel free to do so. Instructions on how to enter can be read here.
If you wish to participate in a daily floral challenge Cee Neuner runs various challenges including Flower of the Day. Pop on over to her blog and have a look. She also has a list of other Challenges that are taking place, should you be missing the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenges like I am.
Have a good week everyone xx