How to join the challenge
If you wish to participate in this monthly challenge, please feel free to do… my post and photo for the challenge will be published at 11am on the 1st day of every month. The challenge will be called Before and After Challenge # (# representing the number).
The challenge is this. an image will be supplied for the Month for you to download. When you’ve downloaded the image in its ZIP format, extract the file you want to use, (raw or jpeg) and then edit the image using your own creativity and with whatever software programs or apps you use. Within the download file, will be two images, one in jpeg format and the other in its raw format. If the image was originally only shot in jpeg there will just be the jpeg version available to edit.
- Download the image, extract image and edit using whatever software you wish.
- If you wish to submit an image for the challenge, please email me the RAW and Jpeg format (if RAW is available) – with a long edge of max 1000px – or a link to where readers can download the images. I will then upload your submissions, if necessary to Dropbox for download.
- Create a post on your blog or Facebook Page, showing your finished edit.
- Caption the image Image supplied by # (Who submitted the original image) – Edited by ~# (# being your name or blog’s name).
- It is not necessary but it would be nice if you did a brief explanation as to how you achieved your results, and what software you used.
- Tag your posts BAC or Before and After Challenge
- Create a pingback to the relevant month.
- If you can’t create pingback/trackback, don’t worry, post a comment below so others can find your edited version of the image.
- Follow Ryan Photography so you don’t miss out on our photography challenges.
List of Challenges
Before and After Challenge – 1st December 2019 - This month’s Before and After photo challenge is a photograph of Canary Wharf taken from across the River at North Greenwich. DOWNLOAD FOR THIS MONTH’S PHOTO To use the image, which is in raw and jpeg, download the zip folder and then extract the image contained in the folder. My Edits In Lightroom, I used […] Before and After Challenge – 1st November 2019 - This month’s Before and After photo challenge is a photograph of Bodiam Castle in East Sussex. DOWNLOAD FOR THIS MONTH’S PHOTO To use the image, which is in raw and jpeg, download the zip folder and then extract the image contained in the folder. My Edits For my edits, I wanted to create a dark […] Before and After Challenge – 1st October 2019 - This month’s Before and After photo challenge is a panoramic photograph of the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco, which I stitched together in Photoshop. DOWNLOAD FOR THIS MONTH’S PHOTO To use the image, which is jpeg, download the zip folder and then extract the image contained in the folder. My Edits I did […] Before and After Challenge – September 2019 - Well, it is that time of the month again… where I give you an image to play around with for the September Before and After Challenge. You can download the images (RAW and Jpeg) by clicking on the link below. DOWNLOAD SEPTEMBER IMAGE Before and After Photography Challenge – August 2019 - A little while ago I asked which of the three challenges should I keep. Time is of the essence now and so I am finding hard to keep up with all three challenges as I do love to participate in other people’s challenges. Decision So I have decided to stay with the Before and After […] Before and After Photography Challenge – June 2019 - This is the third challenge of the Before and After Challenge, and thank you to all those that took part in May’s Challenge. It was lovely seeing your images. For this month I thought an architectural photo of Old Scotney Castle would be a great image to be creative with. DOWNLOAD IMAGE FOR JUNE Please […] Before and After Photography Challenge – May 2019 - This is the second one of the Before and After Challenge, and thank you to all those that took part in April’s Challenge. It was lovely seeing your images. Keeping with the water theme I thought for this month a photograph of the coastline at Corton in Suffolk would be a great image to be […] Before and After Photography Challenge – April 2019 - As you may have gathered the weekly Photo for the Week Challenge has changed to Photo for the Month and will be held on the first Monday of the month. I do hope you all still continue to take part and I do love viewing your entries. New Before and After Challenge Well, a few […] Before and After Monthly Photography Challenge - One of the things I like about Photography is processing an image… I like to see what it looked like before I started to do my edits and what the final image looks like.. so with that in mind I thought I would start hosting a mid monthly photography challenge, where you can send in your […]